“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matthew 5:13-14
The Salt & Light Council wants to help you establish a Salt & Light Biblical Citizenship Ministry at your church.
WHAT IS A SALT & LIGHT BIBLICAL CITIZENSHIP MINISTRY?
It is concerned citizens in churches praying, getting educated and taking action! We are rediscovering the joy and privilege of being a citizen of the United States - under God - and preserving, as salt does, our Judeo-Christian Heritage.
WHY HAVE A SALT & LIGHT BIBLICAL CITIZENSHIP MINISTRY?
A Salt & Light Biblical Citizenship Ministry makes it easy to:
- Educate and equip your congregation to apply a biblical worldview to every area of their lives especially to those issues undermining our Judeo-Christian culture.
- Empower the congregation to make a meaningful difference in our society by standing up for biblical values in the public square.
- Keeps you informed about current events relating to life, marriage, the family, religious liberty, and Israel.
- Restore the Bible’s relevance in the critical areas of government, media and education.
- Multiply the pastor’s impact with very minimal investment of his time.
- Live out the Great Commission in government that leads to restoration of our Christian Heritage.
HOW DOES A SALT & LIGHT BIBLICAL CITIZENSHIP MINISTRY WORK?
- The pastor appoints a volunteer leader.
- We train the leader to mobilize the congregation to take action as responsible Christian citizens through the PETER formula (Pray, Educate, Take Action, Elections, Restoration)
- We train the leader to conduct a once a month Salt & Light Sunday to grow the ministry in your church.
- The volunteer leader coordinates and implements the action plan for your church.